Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lake Tahoe - Labor Day

Labor Day in Lake Tahoe is my favorite. Not to say the 4th of July or Christmas aren't far behind but for some reason Labor Day is extra fun. I think it's because everyone comes and its "officially" the last weekend of summer. I don't really believe that it is the last weekend of summer since the weather in California is ideal all year round but I can definitely notice that school is back in session solely based on the amount of time it takes me to drive to work. I wouldn't change a thing about where I live but man let me tell you that driving 50 minutes to get only 18 miles is rough. I really shouldn't complain because I live on the beach and I also believe I wouldn't talk to my family nearly as much as I do if I didn't have such a commute so I guess its a good thing. (I mean grandpa did get a cell phone this year at 90 yrs old!) Here are a few pictures from our trip. Corey and I had such a great time even after the fam left on Tuesday morning. It was wonderful to have a few extra days up there just the two of us to hang out. We stayed from Saturday-Thursday.
Corey with Bailey and Wrigley on our hike! Took us 3 hrs from top to bottom.

That little thing up in the air is the Cable Car that we road up in to the top of Squaw Valley then hiked down. We took this photo from the hike and we weren't even at the bottom. Now you see why it took 3 hrs!

Uncle Dan's Cocktail Spot. The best place to see the sunset. Not easy to get there but man what a view once you do. This was our last night in Lake Tahoe!!

1 comment:

Lauren and Allen Oakes said...

Fun! Susan you are always having so much fun! Vivian is so precious too and by the way, your sisters house is way nice! I love her kitchen. Oh and whose dogs are those? I didn;t know you had any animals.